Terms of Service/Acceptable Usage Policy
The abuse of shared server resources is strictly prohibited. For these purposes, abuse will be defined as something that consumes more than a “fair-share” of resources and negatively impacts the overall system performance.
While some spikes in usage are to be accepted, frequent spikes in usage may result in contact from support and possibly suspension of service in cases where the customer fails to respond.
The following are some examples of resource abuse in shared environments, such as VPS and shared hosting:
- Excessive usage of CPU for prolonged periods of time
- While we do not impose any hard limits, users deemed to be negatively impacting others on the node may be throttled or suspended.
- You may want to consider using other dedicated options rather than shared hosting. Please contact support if you need dedicated resources.
- Excessive bandwidth usage
- Being a shared service, there are many customers utilizing the same physical server, and one of the limiting factors is bandwidth. Please be respectful of other customers.
- Examples of services prohibited due to bandwidth concerns include, but are not limited to:
- Public video streaming websites
- Public VPNs/Tor
- Torrenting at max speed (please set a reasonable limit and adhere to copyright laws)
- The use of our services for spam of any sort is prohibited. This is to include bulk mailing. Any user found to be violating this will be subject to the removal of email privileges.
- The hosting of malicious sites (such as those utilized for DDoS attacks, phishing sites, or other malicious websites) is not allowed. In such cases, your account will be suspended and you may be allowed to reinstate it depending on the severity.
- Child Sexual Material: Any content depicting minors in a sexual manner is prohibited. While we do allow adult content, please do not abuse this goodwill by hosting things which are questionable.
- Any other illegal websites which violate the laws in which the servers are located are also prohibited. If it’s questionable whether we allow it, please contact support and we will assist you. This is mutually beneficial since it will make sure that your website is not suddenly terminated.
- Content that violates copyright: Please do not host this content.
Other Prohibited Uses:
- Tor exit nodes
- Open proxies
- Cryptomining software
- Port scanning, etc
- Any scamming activity such as crypto scams, etc.
Terms of Service:
- Support is provided for free for both customers and non-customers. Please understand that while we strive to respond quickly, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Please do not open multiple tickets with the same content. This may result in longer wait times or your ticket being ignored if it is excessive. We understand that it is not fun to wait but it will not help to spam more tickets.
- Usage of our services must abide by our acceptable usage policy on the top of the page.
- Your content is your responsibility. GARDENCLOUD LLC does not claim any responsibility for content posted by users.
- We reserve the right to suspend or, in extreme cases, terminate services for reasons not listed in this terms of service. In this case, you will usually be contacted so a resolution can be reached.
- We do not offer any uptime guarantees or SLA. While we strive for the maximum uptime of services, it is infeasible for us to offer any SLA at this time. If you require such things, we unfortunately will be unable to provide this and suggest you search for a different provider. If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to contact support.
- While we mostly use redundant disk arrays (RAID-1 or RAID-10, stated in order form), we cannot promise that your data is completely safe and we suggest that you keep backups of any important data.
Registration and User info:
- Registration is reserved for those who are at least 18 years of age.
- Please ensure that the information provided is accurate. Users found to be providing false information may be asked to provide legitimate information or their orders may be rejected.
- Currently, we offer PayPal and Square as our payment methods.
- Any illegitimate chargebacks that occur will result in the immediate suspension of your service.
- Accounts with overdue payments may be suspended.
- Refunds are available within 10 days of activation, as long as the service has not been abused. Please open a ticket to request a refund.
- Please note that refunds for purchases made through PayPal may have a a fee subtracted from the amount.
- After payment, your order may be placed under manual activation. This is normal and your service will be activated in a timely manner.
Disclaimer: This terms of service is subject to change. Please check back on a regular basis to ensure that you are up to date on the terms of service. The date of last edit is: 2 April 2022.